Vortex Gloves Guide
Video Programming Guide
- This video walks through all the settings you can adjust on your Vortex Gloves.
This video is not up to date with the latest version of the Vortex engine (Igneous). Much of the information remains the same, but you'll need to refer to the written guide for the latest information until the new tutorial is recorded.
Quick Reference Vortex Glove Guide
Power on with the mechanical switch. If you get lost or want to start over, power off and on again with the switch.
|Open menus, or confirm selection.
- Hold the button to enter the menu list.
- Once the LEDs start filling with white, release the button.
- Short press to go to the next menu color.
- Long press a menu color to select that menu.
This is the menu reference guide:
Color Select Menu
Pattern Select Menu
Global Brightness Menu
Mode Sharing Menu
Vortex Editor Menu
How to Set up the Vortex Gloves
- Start by turning a glove part-way inside-out.
- Feed each led tip into each finger starting with the thumb.
- Be careful not to cross or tangle wires.
- After the leds are in, put the battery pack in the glove.
- Next carefully slide your hand into the glove, stay to one side of the wires and battery pack.
- When you're done, carefully take the gloves off without pulling out the leds.
- This process can take practice, don't get discoraged!
- Improved methods for setup are in development!
How to Update the Vortex Gloves
- Plug the Vortex into your computer.
- Double click the reset button (the smaller button).
- Drag and drop this firmware onto the flash drive that opens.
An extra special thanks to Daniel who has contributed immensly to the new Vortex Engine, Editor, and Emulator! Thanks Daniel, it wouldn't be possible without you!
And a huge shoutout and thanks to many of the other people who helped bring this project up to gloving standards, please check out and follow their social media accounts to show them our appreciation!
Looking for other product guides?